Updating your web site
You need to update your web site:
- when there’s something new to say – like a new product, event, customer, a client reference, staff member or legal changes
- to support a marketing, recruitment or seasonal campaign
- regularly – to keep your audience (potential clients, members, partners, etc) interested and coming back
- when your product or service is seasonal – menus, holidays, festivals etc.
- to avoid the turn-off of out-of-date information
- because search engines like Google give more weight to regularly updated web sites
So – once you have your shiny new web site up and running you need to allocate resources and time to updating your site.
If you are good with words and pictures and a keyboard you could do this yourself using a content management system. But if you haven’t the time, the skills or the inclination you need to get professional help to do your web editorial. Don’t underestimate what’s involved. I’ve written a summary of what’s involved on my support page >>
You can also use a blog to update your site – and this is good for general information and stories – case studies and so on – but not so good for your main web site where style, consistency and accuracy are really important. Have a link to your blog under the news section.
About Realcom | Web site development | Marketing | Support | Client portfolio | News | Articles | Enquiries | About this website & cookies
If you are considering a web site for your business or organisation or would like professional help with an existing project please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01530 440000
Froggarts Cottage, School Lane, Coleorton, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 8HT